Saturday 29 September 2012

Forty and Fabulous

Originally this post was to be titled 40 and Don't Give a *^&%, but lets face it, 40 and Fabulous is a bit more ladylike - which I should probably strive to be now that I'm getting up there in years.

Now I know I'm not the hottest 40 year old on the planet - that sadly is someone else's destiny . . . but I think I'm pretty darn fantastic.  Apparently my youngest daughter does as well. In honour of my birthday, she drew a picture of me decked out in my very best.




If you look closely, in  addition to rocking the box dress, I have successfully pulled off the very fashion forward combination of bright pink eyebrows and green blush. Topped off with some super red lipstick and dangly earrings, I am a force to be reckoned with - and let's be honest - not everyone can rock this look the way I do. This, my friends, is the confidence that comes along with turning 40.



Only a few short months ago, I had a completely different image. My daughter and her friend, obviously astounded by my beauty, were inspired to capture it with marker.


As you can see I was still relying on plain jane pink blusher, and apparently, in an effort to look more like Angelina Jolie, had stuck my mouth in the vacuum one day in order to achieve beautiful, full lips. Thankfully I've outgrown this strange habit. I particularly like the focus on my ample nipples cleavage. Indeed, before I had kids, they really did rest just under my neck - seems like they fell to my belly button overnight. Sigh. The good old days.


Not to be outdone, Ben also proudly pulled out the very special drawing he had made of me at school the day before. 

Not gonna lie . . . I sometimes wonder if he has the eyes of a fly . . . and I worry that he will never pass art. But that's my boy :)

Night all :)


Want to add a little Gin & Tonic to your day? Follow me on Twitter at   


No comments:

Post a Comment