Sunday 23 December 2012

My Good Fortune

Tonight we had Chinese Food for dinner. You know what that means. Yup, fortune cookies.

Here's the thing. I always get a crappy fortune. I don't know why. It would seem that there are tons of good ones out there - they just never end up in the cookie I happen to get. Nonetheless, every time I hold out hope that today will be the day - the day I will finally end up with the best fortune of the bunch. Today was no exception.

My daughter opened hers first. It said something to the effect of "Be persistent in pursuing the goals in your life". For her, this means she will fight tooth and nail to get the iPad away from her brothers. Or have a yogurt tube. Depends on the day.

My husband was next. His read "You will have success in a business that you own." Good to know. He'd best get busy on a business plan.

There were two cookies left. Being the martyr, I encouraged my son to pick whichever one he wanted and I would take the one left over.

He opened his cookie and found the following:

Kind of heavy stuff for an 8 year old.


It was my turn. I stared at the cookie, willing it to hide a wonderful fortune within. Finally, I summoned up all my courage and opened it - hoping for words of wisdom to encourage me or tell me I was coming into a lot of money.


Eight. My freaking lucky number is eight. But only for this week. Really. And the streak continues.







No comments:

Post a Comment