Wednesday 13 February 2013

A Case for Quality Control

Last Wednesday there was a flurry of activity in our house as we madly completed making our Valentine's for school. Somehow I missed the memo that Valentine's was actually THIS week, and I'm feeling a little 'out of sorts' without the pressure of last minute Valentine writing to contend with today.

Now before you start bowing at my feet and praising me for having the kids 'make' their valentines, please understand that I simply used my paper cutter to make card sized squares and then gave the kids some puffy stickers to put on the front. There isn't none of that Pinterest craziness happening in this house (at least when it comes to Valentine's Day).

For the most part the cards turned out great - and aside from having to remove a couple of hearts and re-place them so they were not hanging over the edge of the card, the decorating part went pretty smoothly. As you can imagine, with three enthusiastic children fighting over puffy stickers, the scene was rather chaotic, so I was unable to check each and every card made at the time.

Later that evening as I was cross checking names to be sure everyone had been made a card, I came across this beauty . . .



Ummmmmmm . . . yeah. You can call me a pervert, but my mind DID NOT scream valentine when I saw this. Needless to say, I took the liberty of re-arranging the placement of these stickers before putting them in the bag. I can only imagine what would have happened if this had been inadvertently sent to school - and my son may have never lived it down. He'd be in Grade 12 and someone would say, 'remember when you gave that girl a valentine with stickers shaped like a penis in Kindergarten?!?' and then laugh hysterically. Ok, who am I kidding - it'll probably be me saying it and showing everyone the picture. You know, cause I'm a nice loving mother like that.

In the end, our Valentine's project was fairly painless - perhaps we will try to do it again next year. Who knows what might end up on a card next time ... 



4 comments:

  1. I thought I had an impure mind but I didn't see it until you pointed it out. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep following the blog Jon, you'll soon be in the gutter along with me - it's a free perk for my loyal readers ;)

      Delete
  2. Hahaha!! I'm SO relieved I'm not the only person who sees male sex organ shaped things around me on an almost daily basis. You make me feel normal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phew . . . it's always a relief to find out I'm not alone. I don't really *try* to see them, but somehow they always manage to pop up on me ;)

      Delete