Thursday, 2 August 2012

Help! Mouse! Part II

For those of you just joining me on this adventure, please click on the link below to read Part 1:

Well, the mouse hasn't gotten the best of me quite yet . . .

Today started out very early as I had to get the kids to the dentist. I'm not sure what time I finally fell asleep last night - and two of the kidlets made their way down at some point because of the thunderstorm. Normally they sleep on the floor in our room, but given the rodent situation thought I would allow them the luxury of the bed.  This is what I woke up to (and probably why I didn't sleep much - aside from our furry guest) . . . 

We quickly got ready to go - no sign of mighty mouse anywhere, and vacated the premises. Once the dentist was taken care of, I dropped them off at the sitters and made a decision.

I was going to let the mouse have this round and go shopping instead of heading back home to clean. The only problem with this was after 3 1/2 hours I was a walking zombie and ended up having to go home for a nap.

The entire way home I repeated to myself over and over "mind over mouse, mind over mouse" and by the time I rolled into the driveway, I almost had myself convinced.

Finally, summoning up courage from somewhere, I went to the door, rang the bell three times to let Mr. Mouse know it was time to hide, then cautiously went inside. I quickly grabbed my phone charger off the counter, ran to my room, and crawled into bed, shoes and all. So far, so good.

I took my shoes and my jeans off, and satisfied there were no furry critters lurking under the covers, climbed in and drifted off to a nice light nap. About 20 minutes later the wooden surfboard resting beside my nightstand fell over. I'm not certain, but I think it might have been pushed.

My heart was racing and I decided it was time to get the heck outta dodge. I started to put my jeans back on, but discovered that, because I'm not a teenager anymore, I no longer had the ability to do this laying down. I got them to my knees then stood to pull them up the rest of the way. 

Thunk! It was about this time that I realized the kids had turned on my ceiling fan. Jeans at my knees and knocked on the head, I fell backwards, defeated. It was not one of my finer moments.

I decided that because my pants were still only halfway on, it might be a good time to use the washroom. I went in to our master bath, and proceeded to shut the door. Thankfully, one of the children had put a Zhu Zhu pet near the edge of the door - it started chirping and clucking and whirling around the floor. Oh.My.Lord! I might have peed just a little bit.


I just got finished setting 12 traps in various locations around the house. We better get that sucker tonight!

Want to add a little Gin & Tonic to your day? Click here to follow me on Twitter: 

No comments:

Post a Comment