Wednesday 3 April 2013

Launching Rockets

A few weeks ago we had the pleasure of going to spend a night with some friends who have recently moved away. The kids were thrilled to be able to play all afternoon/evening and then get up in the morning and do it all again. Man I wish I had a tenth of their energy!

One particular toy they loved was a mini rocket launcher. It consisted of a foam rocket that flew into the air when you stepped on the plastic launcher - they played with that thing for HOURS - laughing and giggling and seeing who could make it go highest. It was awesome.

We returned home and fell back to our regular routines. One afternoon the kids headed upstairs to play - they were quiet for a while and then the house was filled with the melodic sounds of their laughter and delight. It was wonderful . . . and I was curious. Usually quiet followed by laughter indicates an idea of epic proportions in our house, kind of like the time they were using the rolling laundry hamper as a go cart and almost rode it down the stairs . . . but I digress . . .

I tiptoed upstairs and peeked into the room. The three of them were huddled together giggling, when suddenly they all fell backward and I saw a white thing launch into the air. As it fell to the floor the belly laughs resumed.

Yes my friends, they had found my tampons.


Because really, what else could you use as a rocket substitute?

Sigh. At least they weren't walking around with them stuck up their noses . . . until later that day anyways ;)


2 comments:

  1. I've heard them referred to as beach whistles (the applicators tend to wash up on our beaches) but never rockets.

    I could have used their idea of shoving them up their nose last week when I had a cold. It wouldn't have looked any sillier than walking around with a tissue hanging out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AND they would have been way more absorbent ;) lol Hope you are feeling better :)

      Delete