Sunday 13 January 2013

Problem Solved!

Success! Leave it to my husband to come up with the perfect solution for how to remember my kids birth date . . . not sure what I'm talking about? Click here to read my last post . . .

I Get This Wrong Every Time

So the other night we went to Family In Line Skate night at the kids school. It was great fun watching the kids try out their 'skate legs', and we all had a fantastic time. Afterwards, we decided to go out for dinner to a local restaurant. What can I say, it seemed like a good idea at the time . . .

Don't get me wrong - our kids and public places have improved their relationship dramatically. We have almost moved past the hiding under the table, countless trips to the bathroom, shrieking at their sibling because they touched your napkin phase . . . but not quite.

It is especially bad when they are overtired. And after in line skating for an hour, at the end of a long day, they were definitely that.

Don't worry - I will spare you the gory details - after all, it is a Sunday, and I don't want to ruin your last free moments before going back to work tomorrow morning. I only share this because in the midst of all this chaos and crankiness, my husband had a moment of brilliance.

"I know exactly how you can remember the kids date of birth" he cried out in excitement.

"If you're gonna say put a reminder in your phone, I'm on top of that already" I grumbled.

"No, no - think of it as a 2--6-- you know - sometimes, that's the amount of booze you need in order to survive the day with these kids!" he replied.


I KNEW there was a reason I married this man!

No comments:

Post a Comment