Tuesday 17 July 2012

The Nails on My Chalkboard

I'm not gonna lie - I'm crabby tonight. Really, really crabby. I think it's because I haven't really accomplished anything today - just tried to keep up with the children and didn't even do this very well. We all have days like this, right? Please tell me it isn't just me!

Most days I can handle the constant barrage of questions and continual repetition of answers - but on days like today, it's like nails on a chalkboard making me want to rip every last strand of my hair out. So in an effort to save my sanity, I'm going to ask for your help . . . here is my top ten list of annoying questions/statements . . . please take time to share one thing your kids ask/say that irritates you most . . . you know, so I can feel better ;)

Here goes . . .

10. We didn't get to do ANYTHING FUN today.

9. But I can't clean up by myself! (usually said in a loud, whiny, wailing voice)

8. I'm so so so so so hungry! (usually after eating a meal)

7. Why don't you ever feed me??? (again generally within 30 minutes after eating)

6. How many more minutes? I'm just asking. Well, how many now? (asked at least 3 times per minute and right in my ear)

5. Can I play on the iPod? Why not? Why? Because why? You're so so mean!

4. You never let me do ANYTHING!

3. I'm SO SO SO SO bored!

2. They're copying me Mom! See?! I told you! Stop copying me! MOM! See guys, you aren't copying me anymore. What? Now you are going to copy me again? MOM!

and the number 1 most annoying question is:

1. What are we DOING today? What are we DOING tomorrow? What about the NEXT day? You NEVER let me have ANY FUN!

Sigh. Is it bedtime yet?


Your turn - leave a comment below - if you don't have a google account, click on the drop down menu and post as an anonymous user but please leave your name anyways ;).


2 comments:

  1. or...can i go over to Zach's? Why not, he's my bff???? Can i mom, can i can i can i? So does that mean i can??....
    OMG, this is an everyday question in my house, even when we aren't home :)

    cheers,
    Rae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - yeah, some days my only consolation is knowing you suffer just as much as I do Rae lol!

    ReplyDelete