Tuesday 5 June 2012

Psssstttt . . . Anybody Wanna Buy a Ticket?

No really, does anybody want to buy a ticket?

I freaking HATE fundraising . . . don't get me wrong, I totally understand and appreciate the need to fundraise - I just am not cut out for it. I get a book of tickets, and suddenly I feel like that dude on Sesame Street that wears a trench coat and is always trying to sell you a letter 'N' or a sundial or whatever. Yeah - you know who I'm talking about!

Tonight was T-Ball night for the Talma Tots. Yes, I know that's a lot of T's! I have a love-hate relationship with T-Ball . . . on the one hand, Zachary absolutely loves it . . . on the other, I paid $130 for Ben and Elizabeth to perfect their monkey bar routines. I gave up on trying to make them play - it isn't that they don't enjoy it . . . rather the temptation of those almighty bars are just too much for their little brains to handle at this point in their lives. But I digress . . .

So I'm sitting there on the grass tonight, actually enjoying getting to watch Zachary play for a change, when I look across the field and there she is.  Yup. The ticket lady. Crap. Ok, relax - there are four parents standing over there . . . surely she will approach one of them. Or maybe not . . . look at the ground, look at the ground, look at the ground . . . sigh. 

"Hi" I say brightly as she sidles up beside me. "You must be the ticket lady?" So we have our little conversation - or more accurately, she hands me a pack of 20 ticket books, two forms, and gives me specific instructions as to what needs to be done and when everything needs to be handed in. Seriously? Why does this always happen to me? Doesn't she realize how irresponsible and disorganized I am? Isn't it enough that I have to sell two books for kids that aren't even wanting to play? I tried to get out of it by saying I didn't have a pen - but surprise! She had one that she didn't mind giving me. And that my friends is how I became the Fundraising Person for Diamond B. So now, on top of selling three books of ten tickets, I also get to ensure everyone else sells their tickets, hands in their money, and get it to the Diamond on time for the draw. I'm hyperventilating as I type. I'll let you know how it turns out ;)

so . . . pssssst . . . anybody wanna buy a ticket?


3 comments:

  1. Cheryl,

    I'll buy 2 tickets from you

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Love it Cheryl! I feel your pain with fundraising, I'm not much better at it either. I typically hit up my family. Sorry If I lived closer I'd buy a ticket.

    Fantastic Job on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carmen! I usually just buy all the tickets myself in an effort to avoid asking people to buy some lol! But since I've already basically donated Ben and Elizabeth's fees already this year, I hate to drop another bunch of $$ . . . unless they guarantee me they'll pull my ticket ;)

      Hey, do you mind if I put up a link to your blog? I'm not sure how I do this, but want to make sure you are ok with it before I try to figure it out . . . let me know :) Happy packing my friend!

      Delete